We constantly improve the course and its surrounding areas to make golf more enjoyable and rewarding for Members and Guests. Recent projects have included a pond on the 11th hole, a new veranda in front of the clubhouse, increased bunkers, green drainage, new tees and improved paths.
In recent years, the focus has been to improve conditions during wet winter months, to ensure golfers take advantage of official tees and greens all year round. Increasing drainage on greens and heavy walk areas has helped a great deal, as well as under soil rubber mats for tee areas.
For the latest news about the Course’s condition, please visit the ‘Course Status’ section of the website or call 01274 851266 (Ext. 4).
Course Development money is raised via the Captain’s Development Fund. Members can get involved by entering the weekly Captain’s Development Fund Draw. Here’s how….
- Please see a Captain’s Development Fund Staff Member to purchase a ticket
- The draw takes place in the clubhouse every Sunday at 1.30pm
- If you’re not available tickets may be left with another member
- The drawn ticket receives a quarter of the money collected
- Winner then has a chance of drawing matching balls from two bags in order to win a minimum £500 jackpot
- The draw after a jackpot has been won, each bag starts with 15 balls
- Each week the number of balls in the bag diminish to increase your chance of winning